Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Bicycle Diaries II - Long Weekend, Short Ride

Long weekend, short ride!

It was Chinese New Year and President’s Day long weekend. I did a 46-mile ride on Saturday, pretty much the same route that I did the week before, from Griffith Park to Montrose via our lovely La Tuna Canyon road. We started late (after 9a.m.) so it was kind of hot when we began the 5-mile climb. I did well in this ride, and had a chance sharing some of my experiences with the newbies.

Sunday I welcomed the Year of Boar by volunteering at the Buddhist temple in Rosemead, hundreds of people stopped by for new year pray and wishing the year of Boar brings health and prosperity to all. Dragon celebrated the Chinese New Year with a day off from the road.

I’ve been certified as a Training Ride Leader (TRL) this season, after co-leading with some veteran TRLs for several times, I’ve decided to lead my own ride. The ride will be on this Saturday (February 24th). We’ll meet at the Pasadena Aquatics Center, just south of the Rose Bowl at 8a.m. and ride out at 8.30a.m. It’s a 25-mile ride that I named Tour de San Gabriel Valley. The ride is designed from beginner riders, from the Rose Bowl we’ll travel east to Arcadia and stop at Goldstein’s Bagels, before heading back to Pasadena via Sierra Madre. So if you’re interested in riding and want to experience group ride, come join us, no one left behind. For more information feel free to contact me.

No comments: