Monday, May 26, 2008

Bicycle Diaries the 3rd - Journey for Family, Friends and Food

Apa Khabar? (what's new in Malay)
That's right, I'm writing to you from an internet cafe at my hometown.

It has been 5 years since I last visited my family and friends. It's nice to be home again, many things have changed, in a good way. I'm still trying to get use to the hot and humid weather, and driving on the left hand side!! I spent most of my time with my parents, besides that also making time for old friends, old colleagues, so many gatherings in town.

I visited Taipei for 2 days before coming back to Malaysia. My ex-colleague showed me around town and I loved their night markets. Foods are amazing, the only regret was I didn't have a bigger stomach for all the food.

The journey for food continue in Malaysia. A lot of local food, such as the coconut milk rice Nasi Lemak, Fish Head Rice Noodles, Fried Noodles, and our national fruit Durian! (Just to name a few)

Will meet more friends and family members in the next 2 weeks before I head back to LA. I will try to post photos whenever I have a chance.

While the training is temporary suspended, I hope that doesn't stop you from sponsoring my ride, which is only 3 weeks away!! Any amount is greatly appreciated. Please visit my homepage
www.aidslifecycle.org/2602 for online updates and donation.

Greeting From Malaysia!

No comments: