Monday, May 26, 2008

Bicycle Diaries the 3rd - Season Finale - Final Push

25 miles on the 25th. That's my final organize training ride and I felt great.

After a nearly 18-hour flight and a nice 7-hour sleep, I woke up at 5a.m. Sunday morning. While dealing with jet lag and adjusting to "new" time, I managed to finish the 25 miles ride from the Rose Bowl. Co-TRLs Pedro and Eric were there to lead the group of seven; Tommy who was unable to ride showed up with donuts and coffee to cheer us up; Fiona was out town for the long weekend.

AIDS/LifeCycle 7 is now only a week away, can you believe it? I have not been doing any serious training ride while I was gone for 3 weeks, I wasn't sure if I am ready for the Ride, but after this 25-mile ride, I felt great at the end. I will be shipping
Dragon (to San Francisco) on either Tuesday or Wednesday. I will fly to SF on Friday (30th) and all of us have to attend Orientation Day (known as Day-0) on Saturday (31st).

A few notes for all:

Fundraising
To date I've raised over $5000, still $3000 short from my goal. The deadline to mail in checks has passed, unless you can give me the check in person where I will bring it to orientation day on May 30th. However, online donation can be made through May 28th, so please sponsor me by donating any amount you can. My homepage is
www.aidslifecycle.org/2602. (Thanks everyone who have donated and supported this great cause.)

Message of support
Beginning June 1st you can send your message of support via

http://experience.aidslifecycle.org/2008/support
, I will be able to check them in the evening once I get into camp.

Gabcast
Want to hear the latest news from the road? While I'm riding down the California coast, I will try to record voice messages every day and you can hear them on my homepage (
www.aidslifecycle.org/2602).

Closing ceremony
Everyone is invited! The closing ceremony for ALC 7 is scheduled for 4pm on June 7th (Saturday) at the Veteran's Administrative Center (11301 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90025, near UCLA). Parking available on site, $8 per vehicle. Please car-pool (financially and environmental friendly) and come welcome home 2500 riders and 500 roadies.

No comments: