Sunday, March 04, 2007

Bicycle Diaries II - 2nd Training Ride + Flat Tire

So I had my 2nd leading training ride this past Saturday. We had 14 riders in the group and everyone finished the 40-mile Tour de San Gabriel Valley ride happily. Yea, I didn’t loose a single rider this time! (What an accomplishment…ha ha)

Having 13 people joining me for this Saturday ride was a little surprised to me. With the “not-so-good” experience from the week before, I certainly had the pressure of leading such a big group. Luckily 3 TRLs, Kathie, Brian and Corry were in the group, it made my job easier.

We stopped at the Goldstein’s Bagels in Arcadia and the San Gabriel Mission. We also passed by the Huntington Library. If you happened to run into a group of riders in South Pasadena, San Marino, Temple City, San Gabriel, Pasadena, Duarte, Monrovia, Irwindale, Arcadia, that probably was us. Next time don’t forget to wave or say “Go Riders.”

On Sunday, I co-lead with Virginia, Kathie and Brian. We started from Griffith Park and went to Sunland, Pacoima before climbing the famous La Tuna Canyon. The “fun” part of the day was, I stopped to help a rider, Chuck, fixed his flat tire. By the time we were ready to hit the road, I realized my then-was-parked bike had a flat too! I have not had a flat since last March, so I guess I could not complaint about it. It was a great lesson and practice.

As we were behind the group, Chuck and I decided not to do the La Tuna Canyon part. Instead we went back to the parking lot on an “easy” way. End up with about 35-mile. I’m happy with these back-to-back leading riders, not just enjoying the wonderful outdoor, but also spending time with those riders whom will be joining me in the ride in June.

I’m sure I will be leading more rides in the coming weeks. Stay tune for more.




























































































No comments: